Monday, December 3, 2007

MARVELS #4



I think this is the first exposure I had to Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross. And, I was blown away from the moment I held the comic in my hands. I love the cover. Busiek and Ross produced inspirational work. Marvels was very different from the usual comic books I read at the time. The art and writing complimented each other to establish a "real world" feel and give weight to something that never seemed grounded to me before. It changed the way I thought a comic book story could be told. There were many well told stories in the comic book medium long before Marvels but, at that time and, at my age I had not been exposed to them. Marvels broadened the scope of stories that I would read in years to come.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a regular guy who's trained in Kickboxing and Submissions a little big here and there, and I love the sport of MMA.