Thursday, December 6, 2007

WANTED, a trailer review.



I just watched the trailer for the new comic book adaptation of WANTED, coming out this summer and, was surprised with the apprpoach. The filmmakers decided to take out some of the most interesting parts of the comic book. There seems to be no mention of supervillians, or superheroes. In the comic book universe of WANTED, supervillians defeated the superheroes and ruled the world. There were intersting characters and settings.

What suprises me just as much as the exclusion of the "superhero" concept is the fact that early script reviews cite over-the-top violence, which is what I assumed would be trimmed in the making of a big budget Hollywood movie.

With comic book movies being so popular now, I find it confusing why the studio would take out one of the most intersesting parts of the story and lose a huge share of potential views.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a regular guy who's trained in Kickboxing and Submissions a little big here and there, and I love the sport of MMA.